Penofin First Step Prep for Hardwoods is formulated to open the pores of the wood. It is the ideal way to ensure deep absorption of the Penofin’s amazing natural oil finish formulated for hardwoods. First Step Prep cleans, brightens, and reduces the mill glaze found on all new lumber. Removing the mill glaze and opening the pores allows the Penofin oil finishes to absorb deeply into the dense wood species for ultimate protection and beauty.
- Removes mill glaze
- Formulated for Hardwoods, can be used on Softwoods
- Easy to apply
- Fast clean up
- Opens the wood's pores to allow for maximum penetration
- Dry to touch in 24 hours
Average coverage: 1 quart of concentrated powder makes up to four 300 sqft applications
Sweep the surface with a stiff broom or use a blower to clean area of debris. Thoroughly saturate the surface with plain water to help remove dirt and prevent streaking. The product is most effective when wood is not hot to the touch. Protect bordering metal surfaces. Dampen surrounding vegetation with water.
Pour one to two cups of Penofin 1st Step Prep powder into one gallon of clean water and mix. Using a plastic pump-up sprayer, brush, or mop, apply the solution liberally. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes, and gently agitate with a stiff bristled non-metallic brush. Rinse and allow to thoroughly dry before treating with Penofin Exotic Hardwood Formula. DO NOT ALLOW THE SOLUTION TO DRY ON THE SURFACE. Mist occasionally and agitate with a broom or nonmetallic stiff bristled brush.
ALWAYS WEAR RUBBER GLOVES, EYE PROTECTION AND SOLID SHOES WHEN APPLYING. SURFACE WILL BE SLIPPERY. DO NOT INHALE POWDER, AS THIS PRODUCT WILL IRRITATE MUCOUS MEMBRANES, MAKE NOSE RUN AND EYES WATER.
• Thoroughly rinse all equipment with water.
• Store any unused Penofin 1st Step Prep powder in its original container.
• Do not transfer to a metal container as it will cause a chemical reaction.
• Protect from freezing.
• For disposal of unused product and empty containers, contact your local household refuse collection service