Sico Proluxe 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish (Formally Sikkens Cetol 1)
⚡ Sikkens Cetol 1 is now Sico Proluxe 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish
Sico Proluxe Cetol 1 Primary Coat RE Premium Exterior Wood Translucent Stain
Sico Proluxe Cetol 1 Primary Coat RE is a translucent exterior wood basecoat to be used with 23 Top Coat RE. When used together, this system offers excellent durability and protection for siding, logs, and other vertical surfaces.
Sico Proluxe Cetol 1 is generally used as the first (and possible second) coat in the 1 Primary Coat RE/23 Top Coat RE protective systems. The 1 Primary Coat RE/23 Top Coat RE protective systems provide a durable, rich film that will protect from harmful UV rays and minimize peeling and blistering. ProLuxe 1 Primary Coat RE may also be used on its own as a 2-coat system for specific purposes (i.e., outdoor furniture and fences).
Dry Time: (At 20º C (68º F) and 65% relative humidity)
• Dries to touch in 4 to 6 hours
• Dries to recoat in 24 hours
*When relative humidity is higher than 50%, double the required time.
Drying times listed may vary depending on temperature, humidity, film build, colour, and air movement.
Spreading Rate per Coat
On rough and weathered surfaces, approximately 18.5 to 28 square metres (200 to 300 sq. ft.) per 3.78 L
On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, approximately 23 to 32.5 square metres (250 to 350 sq. ft.) per 3.78 L *Coverage figures may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Number of coats: 1, when used as first coat before application of 23 Top Coat RE Wood Finish
may also be used on its own as a 2-coat system for specific purposes (i.e., outdoor furniture and fences).
Technology: Solvent Based
Recommended For: Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Fences, Doors, Log Homes
Sico Proluxe 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish Features
- Penetrating alkyd-oil formula, part of a 3-coat system.
- Microporous water-repellent product; which is waterproof, but allows wood to breathe.
- Contains penetrating natural oils providing good wood surface penetration for optimum protection against flaking.
- Its translucent iron oxide pigments amplify depth of colour, clarity and substrate protection.
- Its powerful UV absorbers protect colour and wood substrate.
- Contains a mildew-resistant preservative.